Sales Executive – The DMC Advantage
An excellent opportunity for a Graduate looking to enter the travel and tourism industry to kick off their career joining a growing DMC representation company.
Location: Office based in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire, but travelling across the UK as required.
Salary: £24,000 plus benefits.
The DMC Advantage is a sales and marketing company that represents overseas DMCs (Destination Management Companies) or ground handlers, the local companies that arrange the logistics for corporate events. We are the UK sales office for 16 such DMCs from Lapland to South Africa, Dubai to Amsterdam. Our clients are UK-based event management agencies organising international events for their corporate clients.
The DMC Advantage are recruiting for a Sales Executive to visit our clients across the UK Meetings & Events industry to promote the services of our DMC (Destination Management Company) partners. As the successful Sales Executive you can expect a varied, challenging role working for a young company with a growing reputation.
As a graduate sales professional you will spend the first 6 months being trained extensively and shadowing the Managing Partner and Sales Director. Once you are ready you will be responsible for attending client visits to present the services of our partner DMCs and advise them on the processes involved and the options available. The main duties of the role will include:
* Liaising with clients via telephone and email to arrange client visits
* Attending client visits and building relationships
* Consulting with clients to assess their requirements and present options to them as required
* Following up after client meetings
* Processing new event requests and maintaining accurate enquiry and database information in the CRM
* Hosting clients on Business Development trips abroad to our partner DMC destinations
* Attending ad-hoc client dinners, industry functions & exhibitions in the UK & overseas
* Conducting monthly progress reports to the management team
To be considered for the Sales Executive role you will be a Marketing, Sales, Event Management or Business degree graduate who has international travel experience. The ability to deal with people at all levels is essential. Candidates will ideally have their own car (not essential for the right candidate) and a full, clean UK driving licence is required as travel across the UK is involved in the role.
As this role is very customer facing you need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident managing expectations and building relationships. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly organised.
To apply for the role
Please attach a copy of your CV and write a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and send them to email@example.com